Blackberry Dump Cake is the perfect way to use up all the lush berries that you have in the summer months. It makes an old fashioned dessert that perfumes the air as it bakes. Perfect for picnics or get togethers.
The blackberry dump cake is so quick, easy and incredibly delicious. Use fresh or frozen berries or even pie filling. They will all work great and create an amazing cake with juicy berries and a crispy top layer that calls out for a scoop of your favorite ice cream to finish.
MORE DUMP CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Dump Cake Blackberry Recipe
What makes this recipe great? The ease of which it takes to make. This cake can be thrown together at the last minute but will come out lush and perfect for family or guests.
- 30 Minutes: Most of this is bake time, it will only take you minutes to prepare.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry or fridge. It only takes a few.
- Family Friendly: This is a great way to have your kids help in the kitchen and they will be so proud of what they created.
- Adaptable: Can make it with sugar free cake and a sugar alternative to make it more calorie friendly.
Ingredient Notes for Blackberry Dump Cake
- Lemon Box Cake: This cake flavor is the perfect way to enhance the blackberries.
- Rolled Oats: The oats adds that nice crispy top.
- Blackberries: Fresh is best but you can use thawed frozen berries if they are not in season.
- Sugar: Plain white sugar.
- Butter: Shaved, cold or melted. Again, you can use either method you prefer.
- Cinnamon: A hint of cinnamon just adds that certain something.
- KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls
- OCTAVO 5 Speed Hand Mixer Electric
- DI ORO Designer Series Flexible 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong 2 Cake Pan Multipack
How to Make Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
These are the basic steps for making cake with blackberries. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: PREP
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13×9 pan with nonstick spray.
STEP 2: BERRIES
Second, in a medium bowl, stir together the berries, sugar and sinnamon. Spread in the bottom of the cake pan.
STEP 3: CAKE
Sprinkle on ½ of the rolled oats, then cake mix, then remaining oats. Next add your butter.
STEP 4: BAKE
Finally, bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Prep and Storage Tips for Blackberry Cakes
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
This recipe can be prepared up to three days in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to serve. Really, the fresher the better so try and make it as close as you can to the time you wish to serve it.
HOW TO STORE THIS BLACKBERRY DUMP CAKE RECIPE
An airtight container can be used to keep the cake fresh or wrap well with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This recipe will last in the fridge for up to three days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Wrap the cake tightly in foil or place in an airtight container for up to three months.
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
If you wish to serve this cake warm, place the thawed cake in a 350 degree oven for about ten minutes until warmed through. However, you can also microwave individual pieces to the desired temperature as well.
Frequently Asked Questions about Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Easy Way
A dump cake is a dessert like a cobbler but with a cake-like topping. It is so named because it is prepared by “dumping” ingredients into a cake pan without mixing. Quick and easy to make with few ingredients.
Of course, use a flavor that compliments the berries. You can add lemon zest to a white cake mix to give it a little tangy zing.
Truly it is a personal preference. Dump cake can be served hot, warm, room temperature or cold. My favorite is warm with a little ice cream.
No, the whole point is you dump it and bake it. The temptation is strong to just give it a little mix but don’t do it. It will be fabulous.
Expert Tips for Making This Blackberry Cobbler with Cake Mix Recipe
- Individual: Cook in individual ramekins for personal servings.
- Add Nuts: Crushed nuts are a wonderful addition to this cake. Try walnuts or pecans.
- Sugar: Feel free to use brown sugar in place of white sugar for a different taste.
- Fruit: Different berries such as blueberry, strawberry rhubarb or raspberry.
- Cake: For example, try using a white or yellow cake or even a strawberry cake.
What to Serve with Blackberry Dump Cake
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Blackberry Syrup
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Blackberry Dump Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, shaved cold or melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 13×9 pan with nonstick spray
- In a bowl mix together berries, sugar, and cinnamon
- Spread in bottom of pan
- Sprinkle on ½ of the rolled oats, then cake mix, then remaining oats
- Shave cold butter or pour melted butter evenly over the top
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly and golden
- Serve with ice cream if desired and enjoy!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible for the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.