With it being prime time for strawberries, you have to add this Strawberry Crumble recipe to your radar! Simple cake mix dessert!
Just 15 minutes of prep is all you need to do to let your oven take over and do all the work. Serve this strawberry dessert with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream or enjoy it just like it is.
This simple crumble recipe is perfect for a family gathering, a weekend BBQ, or a delicious dessert recipe to enjoy at home. You’re going to love this flavor and taste!
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
What is a crumble dessert?
It’s a lot like a cobbler but with a little bit finer crust on top that tends to “crumble” as it bakes. I will actually refer to this recipe as a Strawberry Cobbler as well because both I think are fitting.
You can call it what you want – I’m eating it no matter the name!
Kitchen essentials for making cake mix recipes and easy desserts:
If you are trying to pick out some of the best supplies to stock your kitchen for easy crumble desserts and baking in general, these are some of our favorites and must-have items.
I like half sheet baking pans that are quality (hello no noisy pops or sloshed cookie dough from twisting), I line my cookie sheets with silicone baking mats. These are a must when doing cake mix recipes which can settle and become thin a lot easier than traditional cookie dough.
Don’t forget mixing bowls, a mixer, spatula, and some whisks should be on your list if you don’t have ones that you love. I also like to have a set of cooling racks so that my recipes can properly cool before they’re scarfed down by my family!
What you’ll need to make a Strawberry Crumble recipe:
The best part about making crumble recipes is that they’re really not that hard to do. Maybe that’s why the low prep time is totally a thing!
You’ll just need fresh strawberries, cream cheese, a strawberry cake mix, and a few other easy ingredients to get started.
Crumble cakes are really easy to make which is probably why they’re one of my favorite sweets and treats. I’ll make this recipe any time of the year but when the strawberries are in season, I’m a huge fan.
You’ll find the full list of ingredients and directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card. I can promise you that you’re going to be so surprised at how simple this recipe is!
How to make this easy Strawberry Crumble:
You’ll notice the trend of using a cake mix for our recipes. This is because it’s the perfect way to make a homemade dessert without having to worry about a gazilion steps! Who has time for that?!
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with spray. Set aside.
Clean and dice the strawberries. Once done, put them into the dish.
Add 1/8 cup of sugar and flour over the top of the strawberries and stir.
Grab a bowl and mix the softened cream cheese with the rest of the sugar (1/4 cup) until mixed well. Add the mixture onto the top of the strawberries in spoonfuls. Don’t spread it out.
Take the strawberry cake mix and sprinkle it over the top. Don’t leave large lumps – crumble those between your fingers and then lightly pat down the mixture.
Put some melted butter over the top and put in the oven for 45-50 minutes to bake.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes to cool.
Do you want to make more cake mix recipes?
Of course, you do! Cake mix recipes are the best – and we’ve got so many that you’re going to love!
Try our Apple Pie Cookies, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake Mix Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, Twix cookies, brownie batter dip, key lime cookies, chocolate cherry cookies, vanilla cake with strawberry filling.
Printable Strawberry Crumble Recipe:
- 2 lbs approximately 4 ½ c strawberries, stems removed and diced
- ⅛ + ¼ c granulated sugar divided
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 box strawberry cake mix I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix, 15.25 oz
- 1 block of cream cheese softened
- 12 tbsp salted butter melted (You can use salted, or unsalted butter, but I prefer the little extra added salt to balance out all the sweetness in this recipe)
- Olive oil/cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with spray. Set aside.
- Clean and dice the strawberries. Once done, put them into the dish.
- Add 1/8 cup of sugar and flour over the top of the strawberries and stir.
- Grab a bowl and mix the softened cream cheese with the rest of the sugar (1/4 cup) until mixed well. Add the mixture onto the top of the strawberries in spoonfuls. Don’t spread it out.
- Take the strawberry cake mix and sprinkle it over the top. Don’t leave large lumps – crumble those between your fingers and then lightly pat down the mixture.
- Put some melted butter over the top and put in the oven for 45-50 minutes to bake.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes to cool.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to https://cakemixrecipes.com/privacy-policy-2/