These cute Heart Cupcakes are so sweet. No special mold need to perfect these Valentines Day cupcakes.
Heart Cupcakes are the perfect way to say that you love someone. This recipe is so easy to do and since you use a box cake mix it’s fast as well. Why is the heart synonymous with love? Find out the answers here.
MORE VALENTINE CUPCAKES RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Valentines Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes are so much fun! Since you can make these cute heart cupcakes with no special tools or equipment, you can get to the fun of decorating cupcakes with your family.
- Quick and Easy: A box cake mix and a few toppings and you are done.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry.
- Family Friendly: Great for showing someone that you love them. The kids can help too.
- Adaptable: Can make it with different flavors of cake and use whatever toppings that you like.
- BOXED CAKE MIX: Any brand and any flavor will work, pick your favorite.
- EGGS: Use large eggs for this recipe.
- OIL: A neutral oil like canola works best so that it does not impart flavor.
- FROSTING: Make your own or store bought, whatever compliments your cake choice.
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Standard Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup Baking Pan
- Caperci Standard White Cupcake Liners 500 Count,
- KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls
- OCTAVO 5 Speed Hand Mixer Electric
How to Make this Cute Cupcake Idea
Below are the basic steps for making this cute cupcake idea. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: PREP
First, preheat your oven and line your cupcake trays. Then place a marble in the center of the “top” of the cupcake and next, fold a small piece of foil to fit on both sides of the cupcake liner.
STEP 2: MAKE MIX
Second, make the cake mix and then use a 1/4 measuring cup to add the batter to the cupcake tin.
STEP 3: BAKE
Finally, bake for 15-18 minutes and then let cool in the pan for 20-25 mins. Once removed from the pan, you should have a heart-shaped cupcake! Lastly, decorate as you desire.
Prep and Storage Tips for Baked Cupcakes
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD OF TIME
Granted, we like to get things done when we can, however do not make these cupcakes too far in advance or they will dry out. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container for up to two days in advance or freeze for longer storage.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Freeze cupcakes for up to six months.
Frequently Asked Questions about Heart Cupcakes
There are so many great options on the market now to make a healthier cupcake version. Really no need to deprive yourself of these sweet treats.
You do not need to be an expert to make cute decorations, for example:
* Mini rosettes -Hold your piping bag straight up and down and make small circles using a “star tip”.
* Criss-Cross Design -Slightly angle the piping bag and create a criss-cross pattern.
* Heart outline -Outline the cupcake and make small circles in the center to fill in the space.
Of course, you can still make these heart cupcakes without the marble. Simply ball up a piece of foil in a round shape to resemble a marble and use that.
Expert Tips for Making This Recipe
- Add a Surprise: It is fun to add a surprise to the middle of your cupcakes, such as fruit, nuts, caramel, or other candy.
- Cute Cupcake Ideas: Really, you can top these cute cupcakes with anything you like: candy hearts, sprinkles, or even sayings made with white gel icing, like Love or the person’s name.
- Variation tip: Try a cupcake tin that is heart shaped if you are not crafty.
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
- Boxed Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place a marble in the center of the "top" of the cupcake.
- Fold a small piece of foil to fit on both sides of the cupcake liner.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to add the batter to the cupcake tin.
- Bake for 15-18 mins.
- Remove and let cool in the pan for 20-25 mins.
- Once removed you should have a heart-shaped cupcake!
- Frost as you would like.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible for the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.