Get ready to fall in love with your first bite of this Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake! There’s nothing quite like adding in a few ingredients and watching a delicious cake form right before your eyes! Winter is the season for easy baking!
You’re not going to find a more delicious recipe than this chocolate pudding dump cake. It has all the flavors of Christmas and winter, wrapped up in one. Plus, dump cake recipes require minimal effort from you but produce HUGE flavors and taste! Dump cakes for the win every single time!
MORE DUMP CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
There are so many reasons that this instant chocolate pudding dump cake is the best, but I can’t possibly list them all! Here are some top reasons that I think will be hard to dispute.
- Simple and fast way to make a homemade cake: Everyone will love the flavor of this cake and how moist it is!
- Easy Ingredients: Such simple ingredients to make this stunning cake!
- Family Friendly: There’s no doubt that everyone in the family will be begging for a bigger slice of cake!
What You Need to Make Hot Cocoa Cake
- chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- hot cocoa mix
- chocolate fudge cake mix
- mini marshmallows
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Cake Pan
- Mixing Bowl
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake
These are the basic steps for making chocolate pudding dump cake. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Make the cake batter: Grab a bowl and mix together the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Add to the cake pan dish: Pour the batter into the dish to bake.
Bake the Cake: Bake the cake in the oven.
Add toppings: Add the toppings to the baked cake.
Common Questions About Dump Cake Recipes
Since this has pudding in it and whipped cream on top, the cake needs to be stored in the fridge. Keeping it cool and with a lid on it is key to keeping it fresh.
You can. If you’re wanting to see how this would taste with other flavors of pudding, shake it up and do it. No matter what, it’s going to be delicious.
You bet. Making this ahead of time and having it set for a few hours just might add to the flavor! Plus it will save you time and stress, too!
Expert Tips for Making Dump Cake
- Just dump and go: You don’t have to stress out about making this the “perfect” cake. It’s dump and go!
- Change up the flavors: Use this dump cake recipe as a basis for creating other dump cakes!
- Add toppings: Create some flavor explosions and add whatever toppings you want!
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Printable Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe:
Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake
- 1 box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 envelopes hot cocoa mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Hershey's syrup (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your pan (13X9) with non stick spray.
- Mix the pudding mix, one package of hot cocoa mix, and milk in a bowl. Use a whisk.
- Stir in the cake mix until moist. Fold in half of the marshmallows.
- Put it into the cake pan and spread it out. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove and add on the rest of the marshmallows asap. Let the cake cool for 1 hour.
- Before serving add on the other hot cocoa mix envelope and some whipped cream!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to https://cakemixrecipes.com/privacy-policy-2/